Saturday, December 2, 2023

I hate this hotel

So I am staying at this hotel in Omaha.  It was a good price... $89 for a Sheridan 4 Points which is a Marriott property.  I stay at the one by the KC airport a lot and it is great.

So I check in to the hotel and I should have know from the get go.  There are almost no cars in the parting lot.  The place is deserted.  Never a good sign.

I check in and go to my room.  The room is a nice room, an extended room, a gift from my wife's travel status from when she was on the road every week.

But something is wrong with the extended room.  The table and chairs pictured on the web site are not there.  The second sink has been removed.  The full size fridge has been replaced with a dorm room fridge.  There is no microwave.  No coffee table.  UGH.  I hate this hotel.

I have to go to the lobby to make popcorn as there is only one microwave in the entire building.  No wonder the cost was $89 per night.

- - - - - -

Then I start to think... these are pretty small first world problems.  I think a little bit harder... [this is always a good thing.]  There are some good things about this hotel...

1. The ice machine is never empty.
2. There is never a line to talk to the clerk.
3. The computer in the lobby is always free.
4. When I go to the elevator and push the button, the door opens immediatly because it is right where I left it last.
5. The bed is very comfortable.
6. The place is quiet. Very very few guests. Very very quiet.

Friends, sometimes when we think harder about our situation, there are some good things, some positives that can be discovered.

Hello Mudda, Hello Fadda, here I am at Camp Granada... Hey everything really is ok in the big picture.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland October 15-24, 2024.
click here for the brochure

If you have questions, feel free to email me at jsbrink57@gmail.com  

No comments: