Thursday, December 14, 2023

Road Trip

On October 21st, I began a fantastic road trip with my friend Bruce Letner. I flew from Melbourne Florida to Atlanta to LAX to San Jose. My friend Bruce flew in from Kansas City. We took an Uber to my sisters house and made the last payment for her 2010 Ford Mustang.



We fired up the car and started out. We and stopped in Fairfield California for round table pizza. It was very tasty. We made it to Reno at 9:30pm. We met up with one of Bruce's friends and then hit the hay.

Sunrise in Reno


On Day 2 we drove across the Nevada desert. There was lots of road work. Lots of barrels down the center lane with the left lane closed. But when the barrels were not there, the speed limit was 80. And man did that mustang like to fly.



That night we stopped in Rawlins, Wy. The next day we drove in to Kansas City. We hung out there for a few days and went to Paul McClain's daughter's wedding.

Then we were off... down the road again. We drove to Chattanooga and spent the night. The next day we drove the final leg to Vero.

Tennessee Hills


A few days later, we went on a cruise.



It was a great road trip. We listened to lots of our favorite music. We told stories. We explored questions. We listened to comedians and laughed so hard.

I love the new car. I love hanging with my friend and making memories.




It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.
- - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland October 15-24, 2024.
click here for the brochure

If you have questions, feel free to email me at jsbrink57@gmail.com  

No comments: