Tuesday, December 12, 2023

How do you feel about yourself?

How do you feel about yourself?

If I’m going to be totally honest with you, sometimes, I feel old, I feel tired, and I feel sore. I feel weak. I feel like I’m much less than I used to be. I feel worried and afraid. Sometimes I feel lost in the world of adult issues and things.

But then I stop and take a deep breath. I call upon the God that I know, the God that loves me.

And then I look in the mirror and I try to get His perspective. I look in the mirror, and I see that, even though I have a knee replacement, I’m learning to go up and down stairs. And even though my face is sagging, it’s the face I would expect to see at 66 years old. And even though my hair is falling out, I’ve known my whole life that this was coming. And even though I’m weaker than I used to be and there are many things I can no longer do, I see some things that I can do, and I choose to focus on them.

As we grow older, life can be dominated by the negative of what we are not.

Or there is a completely other way to look at life. And that is to just be thankful for what is and what was and what can still be.

It may not be the same, but that does not mean that it is bad. See the good.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.
- - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland October 15-24, 2024.
click here for the brochure

If you have questions, feel free to email me at jsbrink57@gmail.com  

No comments: