Sunday, December 31, 2023

Follow Me



Waiting for a ride - left to right
my daughter Jenny, Bella Lascon my granddaughter, Bobby Lascon,
daughter Alli Lascon, me the old man, and my son Scott


dumb selfie


Jenny and Bella waiting in line for a ride.

So I’m at Epcot with my family.  I’m lagging behind because I’m tired and my knee is sore. And my daughter Jennifer is hanging back, staying with me.  

I start to apologize to her for being old.  For getting old.  For not being the Dad of her youth anymore. 

And then my brain thinks "no, don't apologize,  show her how to do this, one day she will need to know."  That's it!!!  Let me show you.  Let me show you how to do this with grace. Let me show you that it is ok.  Let me show you that life is good, even when you are old.  Someday she’ll be 40 and 50 and 60 years old and she might need to know how to navigate those difficult waters. 

Hey kids, Watch me - remember well - live well.  I love you.


It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland October 15-24, 2024.
click here for the brochure

If you have questions, feel free to email me at jsbrink57@gmail.com

No comments: