Saturday, December 16, 2023

Generosity

I love stories of generosity.  By the way, my Pastor asked me to fill in for him on January 28th.  I said yes.  I asked if there was a topic.  The topic?  Extravagant generosity!!!

So I love stories of generosity.

Five of my friends are going out to lunch.  They arrive at the restaurant and find that there has been a hit and run accident.  A young girl of 19 is standing next to her crunched car.  She is crying.  Evidently someone backed into her car and left without taking responsibility.

Well, lunch goes on... turns out the young woman is the hostess in the restaurant.  She is still shaken by the experience and is comforted from time to time by other employees.  My friends overhear that the young woman has no money for this repair.

They decide to act.  I love that.  Someone's heart is moved to generosity!!!  The friends decide to take a collection.  All of the cash that the five of them have on their persons.  

They finish their meal and pay the bill.  On the way out the door, they hand the young woman $180.  She breaks down in tears.

I love that story!  I love stories of kindness and generosity.  Maybe we can create such a story today!!!

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland October 15-24, 2024.
click here for the brochure

If you have questions, feel free to email me at jsbrink57@gmail.com

No comments: