Sunday, October 7, 2007

Deer

Friday night we stopped by the church late to pick up a car. I noticed two deer drinking water from our pond. Cool. Really cool. Our church has provided a place where God's creatures can find rest.

The deer saw us and headed out across the parking lot to the church's field just beyond the grassy knoll. I followed them. When my headlights hit the field, we were in deer heaven. We won the deer lottery. There were 15 of God's little creatures out there just having a good time.

It made me feel wonderful that we have a haven for deer. I also thought of the scripture:

"As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O God." Ps 42

I am glad that the deer are finding what they need at Woods Chapel. May all of God's human creatures find rest and sustenance for their souls as well.

Its a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: