Sunday, October 21, 2007

Scottie gets a job

Well, you raise them, and you pray for them, and you watch. Every now and then, the kids shine.

Scott, age 16, child #3 [final child] has been courting Best Buy for a job. He works during the summer at the golf course, but they are closed in the winter and so he is broke. I'll bet he has made 10 trips to Best Buy looking for the right people to talk to. He has had three interviews.

Yesterday he had his last interview. Now, I am thinking at Best Buy, if you have a pulse, you are hired. Not so. These are some of the questions that the general manager asked him:
-tell me about yourself. who are you?
-tell me what you know about our products and services.
-why should we hire you?

These are pretty tough questions for a 16 year old to face. Well, Scottie answered well and Scottie got the job. $1/hr more than at his other job.

When he was done telling this story, I just grinned. I told him something that my father never told me when I was 16: "Son, I am proud of you. I am so very very proud."

Oh, one more thing. He has to pass a drug test. If there is a problem with that, you will hear about it in this blog, but I think he has faced one of life's opportunities and done quite well.

Dad is proud. Very very proud.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: