Thursday, October 18, 2007

endorphins

Endorphins. I think that they are the little dudes that your brain releases that help you feel good. Sometimes I wish my brain were releasing more of them. Sometimes I think that my endorphins are on strike.

It is hard work to see the good when your endorphins are no where in sight. You know there are times when you just feel bad for no reason. It's hard to write a blog when you feel crummy for no reason.

Well, the opposite is kind of odd too. I feel good for no reason. I am happy for no particular reason. This is good. Why shouldn't I be happy? I have every reason to be. My problems are really boring. I should be happy every day.

The last few days, my downs are up. I am giddy. For no particular reason. Maybe it's not about endorphins. Maybe I am just happy. I think it is true, that for one reason or another, everyone has their ups and downs. I am glad for the ups. I grin and bear the downs. I guess if we didn't have the valleys, we wouldn't understand the mountain tops.

If you are in a valley right now, remember the words of Psalm 23, "yea tho I walk thru the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil for thou art with me." Hang on, it will come to an end. The mood will turn. Work harder to be nice when you are down.

If you are up, rejoice! Philippians 4:4 "Rejoice in the Lord always, again I say rejoice."

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: