Friday, October 19, 2007

Thank you, Joe

Joe Dittmer was a good man. Tall, with a big smile. Happy, friendly, solid. Joe and Sharon sat on the main isle most every week at one of the contemporary services.

A month ago, Joe was diagnosed with lung cancer. Yesterday he died.

Thank you Joe, for the goodness in your soul. Thank you for the love that you shared. Thank you for your faith in Jesus Christ.

It hurts to lose a friend, but there is great joy in a life well lived. Friends, we never know how much time we have left. Live strong. Love true. Don't sweat the small stuff.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Lion's Den Man said...

Friends. One thing that really is great is making friends. Good acquaintances are great, too, but getting close enough to someone to open up enough and trust them with who you are is cool, very cool. I am not old, but I am not young either. I am still making friends. I have lost a few, but gain more than I have lost. For that I am blessed. My father had two great friends he knew from the time he went to kindergarten. They are gone now and he has grown closer to some old acquaintances that are now new friends. I pray that if I out live my friends that new ones come into my life. Right here and now I feel I have some of the best friends I have ever had. I don’t want to lose them. I can’t imagine life without a good close friend. One thing I have come to understand is that making friends is a great blessing. You laugh with them. You hurt for them. You help them and they help you.

I didn’t know Joe. I can’t provide comfort to those that knew him. They are sad, maybe even upset or angry…..I really don’t know. What I do know is that Joe is where we all look forward to being one day. Joe is at peace for the first time in his life. So I will pray for all that knew him, his friends and his family. I wish them peace.

Isaiah 57
1 Good people pass away; the godly often die before their time.
But no one seems to care or wonder why. No one seems to understand
that God is protecting them from the evil to come.
2 For those who follow godly paths will rest in peace when they die.

Peace,
Lion’s Den Man