Tuesday, October 2, 2007

A good day

Do you ever have days when you don't measure up to your own expectations? I do, and I know that you do too. Having failed many times, I am very thankful for those days when I am able to reach into the tool box and apply God's grace to life in a positive way.

Prayer is an important tool in the Christian's tool box. True prayer takes us to the other side.

Something bothers me. Someone annoys me. 20 atta boys given today, one bad boy. The bad boy comment sticks in my brain.

True prayer will take me to the other side. True prayer keeps me spiritually engaged. I don't need to react to things that I don't like. True prayer gives me peace. I don't complain, I'm not angry, for I have now entered into the presence of God.

The sting of the arrow leaves in time and I am so glad that I kept my mouth shut. I am so glad that I did not drag others down with negative comments. True prayer saves me from having to clean up after myself later.

I praise God for the moments that I have remembered and engaged in true prayer. They have taken my focus off of myself and filled me with God's love. That is what true prayer can do.

What is going on in your life? Anything annoying? Anything that makes you mad? Try true prayer. The kind where your will is less important than being in the presence of God. Enter in. God is big enough. You can trust him. True prayer will take you to the other side.

Its a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: