Wednesday, May 14, 2008

comments

Sometimes I think that the comments are the best part of this blog. Be sure to read yesterday's comment from a friend. Only broken people can minister to broken people.

One of Bob Tuttle's sayings is this: "never trust a shepherd who isn't someone else's sheep." The point is clear. Every one needs to be dependent, submitted, listening.

Sometimes people ask me who I am listening to. Well, I have a coach, a counselor, a District Superintendent, a covenant group, a few close pastor friends, and a large group of members that are very good to listen to. I try to stay up on recommended reading, but I am given so many books by so many people, it is nearly impossible to read them all.

Who are you listening to? Do the voices that you hear invite you to depend on God? Are you thinking about the practice of acknowledging him? People that are good for you will invite you to get off of yourself and see the world as an opportunity for Christian service.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: