Friday, May 23, 2008

prayer for today

Dearest Lord,

It occurs to me that I have no right to today. No right to my plans, no right to my appointments. If I am allowed to do anything on my list for today, it will be a blessing from you. Today is not mine, it is yours, so, I give it to you. Help me to speak kindly today. Help me to do things that are good for my family today. I reject busyness. I reject hurry. I reject anger and vengeance. Help me to reflect your amazing grace today.

I pray for daily bread and I thank you for daily breath. I thank you for my friends. I have won the friend lottery. I love you, I appreciate you and I thank you for today.

In Jesus name, Amen.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Right on!!

I woke up this morning with the usual selfish requests of God and was able to settle myself into giving it all to God. After all, we are here to glorify Him, not the other way around.

Great Stuff!!

GB