Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day

Today we will do what we do every year. We will drive to Mt. Washington Cemetery in Independence. We will drive to the Rosehill Gardens section to visit my family. My parents and grandparents, my great and great great grandparents are buried there in the Toll plot. After we hang around a bit and pay our respects, we will leave through the north entrance, go to Dairy Queen and get an ice cream cone. It has become the regular Brinkman thing. Go to the cemetery, then get an ice cream cone.

I thought I would take a moment in the blog today to catch my parents up on what has been going on since last year.

Dear Dad and Mom,

Here we are again. Thank you for taking me to the cemetery on Memorial Day. It has continued as a tradition for my family as well. Let me catch you up since last year. Scott has grown two inches in the last year and will be a senior in high school. He wants to go to college and study engineering. Jenny just finished her first year at CMSU. Alli was recently accepted into nursing school. They are all doing real well and you would be very proud of them. Cathy will finish her college degree later this year. She wanted to get that done before the kids finish. I wish you were here to celebrate that graduation. it will be a big day.

As for me, well, I had my gall bladder out a few weeks ago. I am doing alot better. I have become quite the gardener. I love how God speaks thru the things that grow. The church is good, and the people are great. All is well.

We all miss you but we take comfort in knowing that God has prepared a place for those that love him. We look forward to seeing you again. I think that you will be glad to know that the pain of losing you has been replaced with a joyful appreciation for all the ways that you both enriched my life. I thank you for all of the good, all of the love, and all of the wisdom that you worked so hard to pass down.

Your loving son, Jeff

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: