Friday, May 9, 2008

timid

I have nothing profound to say. I feel totally timid, broken, and dependent. I am not the man that I used to be. I cannot eat, sleep, play, walk or think like I used to. This experience of sudden illness has broken me down to a very strange state. I am used to helping people, not depending on them. I am used to going. Go, go, go. Go dog go. Now, I am resting. Mostly. When I try to do something, I last a couple of hours, then I have the need to take a nap.

I wonder if I will ever return to the strength of yesterday? I wonder if I will figure out how to eat like I used to? I wonder if I will ever get back into the groove.

I know the answer. The answer is yes, of course. I will be back. I am already on the comeback trail. Every day is a little bit better. Today I get my stitches out. Sunday I will be at church. Please don't squeeze me when you see me.

If you have had an experience that has broken you in heart, body, mind or soul, do not be discouraged. There's got to be a morning after. Every cloud has a silver lining. Trust in the Lord. Weeping may last for a night, but joy comes in the morning. [Psalm 30:5] Things are going to get better. You are not alone. Sometimes God can use such experiences to get our attention, to help us listen, to set us on a new course. Like all the cards that I have received have said, "think of all the sermon material you will get from this."

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.
http://www.jeffbrinkman.com/Gallbladder.html

3 comments:

chigger farmer said...

Even when you say that you have "nothing profound to say" it speaks volumns. I'm so glad you are back! Keep writing - even when you don't feel inspired. It might just be the inspiration someone else needs!

Anonymous said...

You don't have to worry,
You don't have to be afraid.
Joy comes in the morning.
Troubles they don't last all day.
For there's a friend in Jesus,
who will wipe your tears away.
And when your heart is broken,
Just lift your hands and say....

Oh, I know that I can make it!
I know that I can stand!
No matter what may come my way,
My life is in your hands.

From Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir Album "Be Glad", "my life is in your hands".

Praise God you are healing, and to Him be the glory!

Lion's Den Man said...

Isaiah 40:31: "but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

Yep........I see a comeback!

Jeff, I read your post early this morning. It hit me hard. I felt and carried your thoughts with me all day. I didn't know what to say. I wished I could help you... somehow, someway........ so I prayed.

Peace,
Lion's Den Man