Wednesday, May 28, 2008

friendships

Friendships must be cultivated. If you have a friend and you don't stay in touch, eventually, things change. Yes, there are people that you may see once per year and you feel like you just pick right up where you left off, but that is the exception, not the rule. In most cases, friendships must be cultivated.

if you know someone that you would like to be friends with, call them up. Go to dinner, go to the Royal's game. Sit with them at church. So skiing or something. Maybe the feeling that you have for that person is God's way of telling you that you are brothers or sisters.

I know a woman who was interested in dating a man. Being a bit shy, she felt unsure about what to do. She told me that she had a feeling about him. I told her to go talk to him. Today, they are married. Friendships need to be cultivated.

If you are lonely, step out of your comfort zone. Reach out. Be a friend. If a man would have friends, he must show himself to be friendly. Prov 18:24 KJV

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jeff,
I consider you and friend and value that friendship. I know that your recent illness has been difficult in many ways. I dont read this blog in search of mind blowing insight each day. I read your blog becuase it makes me feel connected. I read because you remind me to see the good and appreciate the small things. Something as simple as friendship.
Just want you to know I appreciate you and what you do for us.
eb