Thursday, May 1, 2008

Pinch Runner

A pinch runner is a baseball player substituted for the specific purpose of replacing a player on base. In the typical case, the pinch runner is faster or otherwise more skilled at base-running than the player for whom the pinch runner has been substituted. (That is not me) But occasionally a pinch runner is inserted for more subtle reasons, such as a double switch. (Not me again), ejection, (Nope) or if the original player on base has become injured (Bingo, that is me).

Last year Jeff asked me for some help when he was facing a problem with a “blogger” who was posting things here. I did what any of you would do when asked by Jeff for help, “sure name it”. Anyway, he worked through the problem and as a result I was entered as a contributor………..hmmm. That didn’t feel right so I asked him to remove me. In typical Jeff fashion he said. “Nope, can’t do it, who knows I might need you to help me out one day. We will just have to be Blog Brothers”. So now you know the rest of the story………..I don’t feel qualified here. It isn’t my blog and it is not what everyone is looking for, but Jeff needs my help right now and I am happy to be here for him today. It is a great feeling to be needed and it is a great feeling to help those in need. Today you will find the oppurtunity to experience both if you look for it and are open to receive it.

Pray for Jeff today. He is doing well and is not in pain. He has a few test this morning and probably surgery later today if the test go as planned. Then he will be back at home in a day or two. I will continue to post in his absence.

Peace,
Lion’s Den Man

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Lions Den Man,
You are a terrific pitch runner! I know there are tons of others like myself who depend on this blog to start our day off right.

You may not be our pastor but you are obviously a true man of God and Jeff used his usual excellent judgment in tapping you for this task.

Thank you for your contributions both now and in the past. Also for the updates on Jeff. We are keeping him and you in our prayers.

JanR

Anonymous said...

Thanks for keeping us posted
eb

Anonymous said...

Thank you for 'filling in'. You're good people doing this for another good people. I look forward to Jeff's blog even though I'm only able to read and catch up about once a week. So hope he's doing well and will keep him in my prayers.

trha