Friday, May 2, 2008

Navin R. Johnson

Here is an excerpt from the movie “The Jerk” It is a conversation between Navin R. Johnson (Steve Martin) and his employer.

Navin R. Johnson: The new phone book's here! The new phone book's here!
Harry Hartounian: Boy, I wish I could get that excited about nothing.
Navin R. Johnson: Nothing? Are you kidding? Page 73 - Johnson, Navin R.! I'm somebody now! Millions of people look at this book everyday! This is the kind of spontaneous publicity - your name in print - that makes people. I'm in print! Things are going to start happening to me now.

In the next scene of the movie, with his identity now published, a lunatic, who found Navin’s name in the phone book, is now hunting down Navin with the intent to do harm………..it is a comedy and he survives the attack.

Millions of people don’t read this blog, but many people do. Some people know who I am, but most don’t. Jeff knows I would prefer to remain anonymous. No one here is a lunatic, as far as I know, and I don’t think I will be hunted down. My point is that sometimes having people know who you are isn’t always necessary or the best thing.

I enjoy reading Jeff’s blog each day. It feeds me and on occasion I get the chance to feed someone else. Sometimes I feed Jeff, but mostly, he gets a jab or two from me. Being a daily blogger is tough to do, but if you haven’t posted a comment, yet, try it sometime. There is nothing wrong with grazing, but posting a thought may just be what someone else needs to hear at that moment in time. I chose the name “Lion’s Den Man” to remain anonymous. Maybe yours is or will simply be “anonymous”. If remaining anonymous helps you freely express your thoughts, like me, then great! If you don’t need that type of privacy, that’s great, too! Either way, I encourage you to try a post sometime when Jeff gets back in the groove. Lift someone up, help them, encourage them…………..It is what we are called to do.


Hebrews 3:13
But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness.


Peace,
Lion’s Den Man

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lion's Den Man, I know who you are and I think you are doing a fantastic job pinch writing. Maybe you should start your own thing.
On to something you brought up a few days ago referring to Jeff being on steroids. Who knew that the real truth was the extra strength he found was from his Gall Stones. Hopefully he will not be like Sampson and lose all of his strength now.
Keep up the great words.

Peace,
JC