Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Good Medicine

Well, unless something changes this will be my last post. Jeff is in that “feeling better everyday” groove right now……..Awesome!

In last Sunday’s sermon Clay gave us the “Jeff update”. Jeff was in pain, he went to the hospital, he experienced more pain, and they provided him with pain relief drugs. Good medicine, good doctors, good stuff. We all should be thankful for what is made available to us here, where we live.

For me, this has been good medicine for my soul. I am sorry it had to come at Jeff’s expense, but I am glad I could fill in. I am thankful for what was made available to me. I wasn’t in pain, but spiritually I was flat. I was happy to come out of a valley a few months back, but, until now, I had yet to reengage.

So this has been good for me, I have begun my climb again. More smiles, more hello’s, less talking, more listening…….slowing things down and trying to see the good in everything. I started a list of the things I have been neglecting and included a few new goals to start picking away at…….Maybe you have experienced this sort of thing before or maybe you are in the thick of it right now. All I can say is find a way to shake it up. Get off “Auto-pilot” as Jeff said a few weeks back. Stretch yourself, find a place that is out of your comfort zone and reengage.

God has plans for all of us, but we can’t sit back and wait for it to happen.

Ask, and you will receive; seek, and you will find; knock, and the door will be opened to you.
-Matthew 7:7


Welcome back Jeff!


Peace,
Lion’s Den Man

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Although they are big shoes to fill, you (Lion's Den Man) have done a wonderful job filling in for Jeff during his absence. Realizing from your blogs that this is not necessarily your comfort zone, makes it that much more appreciated. You have shown true friendship to someone we hold very dear.

Bless you, whoever you are, and "thank you" for a job well-done!

Now, "Welcome back Jeff!" We are so thankful that you are feeling better each and every day.

m.a.h.

Anonymous said...

So long for now Lion's Den Man. I have enjoyed your presence, and look forward to more. Odd how God uses things for our greater good isn't it? You mention this helped you reengage. Good stuff! Keep on shaking it up!

Unknown said...

Lion's Den Man,
Your posts have been insightful and inspiring. Thank you for "filling in" for Jeff! I am happy to hear that Jeff is feeling so much better, however. Maybe you guys could start splitting the blog. :)

Thanks!

Kara

Unknown said...

Lion's Den Man,
Your posts have been insightful and inspiring. Thank you for "filling in" for Jeff! I am happy to hear that Jeff is feeling so much better, however. Maybe you guys could start splitting the blog. :)

Thanks!

Kara