Saturday, July 5, 2008

4th of July

The 4th of July should be spent with people that you love. It is a day that is marked on my mental calendar every year of my life. How many fourth of July's do I remember? All of them.

Last night, I spent the first one alone, that I can remember. Redwood City had a nice show. About like at Royals stadium on fireworks night.

When I was a kid, my parents told me that all of the fireworks were for my birthday. Now the years go by, and I remember every town I lived in and every fireworks show that we saw.
I stood last night with 100 people in silence, plus a few quiet ooos and ahhhs. We humans are mesmerized by fireworks.
Well, let's take a moment to thank God for our country and for our families. Later today, I am flying home.
It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.




3 comments:

Lion's Den Man said...

I intend to live forever - so far, so good.-Steven Wright

Happy Birthday Jeff

Anonymous said...

Happy 51st birthday, Jeff. Prayers for safe travel.
M.A.

Anonymous said...

I also would like to wish you a happy birthday. Welcome Home!!
GPS