Thursday, July 31, 2008

rejoice with me!

I cannot hardly contain myself! I have been looking for this person for years. I have mentioned the search in sermons. Finally after a couple of years of looking, I have found an old friend. Of all the people that I remember from my teenage years, she is the one who helped me find a living faith in Jesus Christ.

I moved away from San Jose the year after I graduated. The following year I visited for a week. That was 1977. Since then, I have not had any contact with high school friends, and have lost touch with them completely.

As I have grown older, I have thought more about the people that influenced me when I was a youth. I have wanted to find them and say "thank you."

This week, I found Robin. She is married and has a 15 year old daughter. She is a pastor in Portland, Oregon. I don't know how to explain the feeling, but a connection has been made, a question answered, a circle completed.

I look forward to learning about the years of my youth, so long ago, so long forgotten. But the really good news of all of this, is that I got to say, "thank you."

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, yes, it is like a sweet A-men, isn't it?