Friday, July 11, 2008

do you worry?

Do you worry when someone is upset with you? I think most people do. Being a pleaser, I would prefer that you not be upset with me. But, as I get older, I am handling it better. You know, you can please some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you just cannot please all of the people, all of the time.

Here is how I am combating worry. If you are wrong, or if you did wrong, apologize, stop worrying and do better in the future. If you did no wrong, then do not worry if they are upset.

At any rate, what will we gain by feeling badly when someone is upset with you or me? Fix it if you can, try to make it right, but at some point we have to move on. We cannot ruin the rest of our life because someone else cannot get past something. Love them, and get on with life. There is too much good to see and do for us to be weighted down by the rock of dysfunctional worry.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: