Sunday, July 27, 2008

One bad moment

One bad moment can stay with you for a long time. Last night my family was watching home movies from 1991. Alli was 3, Jenny was 2, Scott was 1.

In the home video, my wife is running the camera and she decides to film me. Well, we had a fight earlier in the day and I was grouchy. Captured forever now on VHS and DVD is Jeff B as a grouch. A jerk. A bad husband.

Ouch, does that hurt. You try to be a good father and husband and see where it gets you. The only time they film you is when you were bad.

Here is the point. Even when our bad moments are not caught on film, they still hurt others. Even though the scriptures ask us to "keep no record of wrongs," most humans have a long memory. I hope that people will forgive and forget our faults, but I would prefer to live in a way that I don't put them in the position of having to forgive.

I am turning over a new leaf.
I am going to be nicer, more kind, and more gracious.
I am also throwing away that video.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: