Sunday, July 6, 2008

home

I just spent a week in some of God's most beautiful country. Truly awe inspiring. To walk among the redwoods is an amazing thing.

It was a long flight home. Fortunately there were open seats on the plane, so when the kid was kicking my seat and whining to his momma, I was able to move to a more quiet area.

The plane arrived early. I was waiting at the baggage claim, but I had one eye out for that good looking wife. Where is she. Try not to act too excited. Where is she. Where is she. Ah. I see her. I am packed in by a crowd around the baggage claim, but I leave my hard fought spot to embrace my wife. I keep my head down. I am crying. We hug. We hug for a long time. Seems like longer than a week. It is good to be home.

Home.

Home is not in the redwoods. Home is not on the beach. Home is the place where you are loved. Wherever that is. That is your home. Even if you live alone, you know where your friends are.

You are always at home at the Woods Chapel Church. Someone there loves you. God does. I do. You are awesome. You belong here. We are family. It is Sunday, see you in church. Welcome home.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Apparently, many, many people do not feel at home unless you are there to preach. Is WCC about the preacher or having a church home? I am disappointed that people don't come to church when they know that Jeff will not be there. I am there. I love you too. You are missing out even when Jeff is not there.