Friday, July 4, 2008

the city

Yesterday I visited the city.

Fog. Cold. In July yet. Hard to find a place to park. A melting pot. Every size, shape, and race of people, all mixed together. Different languages. Chinese, Russian, Spanish, German. I tried to speak to all of them in English. I do need to get smarter.

The hum of an electric bus.

Walking. Walking more.

Ask someone who looks like they know. Some are friendly, some keep to themselves.

The hum of another electric bus.

Fisherman’s wharf. Very busy. More touristy than I remember. Where is my wife? How did I get here by myself? I am ready to come home.

A bench. Time to read. Great place to read.

A boat ride on the bay. Cold. Foggy. Wet.

Cable cars.
Cable car line.
Cable car ride.
the smell of wooden brakes burning...
Fun. Let’s do it again.
Sorry, another time.










The hum of another electric bus.

Is the car still where I left it?
Yes.
Drive back to the camp.

Stop and take pictures of the beach.
Call Bruce.

Last night at the camp.
I hope I am smarter.

Many wonderful things I have seen today. There is so much beauty, so much good, and so much of it is back home in Kansas City.

It’s a beautiful day in God’s world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: