Thursday, July 17, 2008

books

A dear friend asked me to recommend some books. As you know, I have been pouring through a good number of titles during this renewal leave. See post on 6-29 "do you know where I am?" for a complete list of titles that I am trying to digest.

Of the books that I have plowed through so far, here are some that I would highly recommend.

Bill Hybels - Holy Discontent
Invites the reader to find a sense of passion in their life.
this book made me cry.

Tom Bandy-Christian Chaos
Explains that growing churches are beyond organization. When the Holy Spirit is active in a congregation, you just can't draw a diagram of how it all works.

Richardson-Creating a Healthier Church
very powerful book. explains the roles of trust and anxiety in sustaining positive church relationships and culture.

Bill Easum- leadership on the other side.
book about reaching the unchurched. here is a quote......
Page 83 – “Imagine a church so environmentally rich that everyone under its influence is encouraged to reach their God-given potential. That’s the kind of church birthed by leaders on the Other Side."

Bruce Wilkinson-the dream giver
part parable, part encouragement to help people see and fulfill God's dreams for their lives.
this one made me cry too.

Rick Rusaw-Externally Focused Church
why is your church here? if your church left town, would anyone notice besides those who attend on Sunday?
this book cut me to the quick.

Milfred Minatea -shaped By God's Heart
awesome book that asks a church to look at itself and determine if it is in mission or in maintenance mode.

Well, there you go. If you need more info, like publisher and what not, send me an email. I hope any or many of them are a blessing to you.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: