Saturday, July 12, 2008

when I am gone......

You know, this blog is just about random things that I think about. This seems random to me, but I was thinking about it today. I have no imminent sense of my demise, nor do I have a death wish. But, if you are around when I die..........

Throw a party. Talk about the good. Talk about the fun times. Name all three left fielders that I have burned. Talk about the funny times. Talk about how much I loved my wife, my kids and all of you. Talk about the times that we cried in church. Talk about how we helped each other through illness. Talk about faith, talk about hope, talk about love.

Play music. Play it loud. Tom Petty. Moody Blues. CCR. Steve Miller Band. REO Speedwagon Beach Boys. Remember. Remember the times that we laughed and cried. Have fun. It has been great. It still is great. It's a joy, it's a treat.

Life. What a ride.

Don't be sad. Remember the awesome moments that I have seen. Sinking a 20 foot putt at the golf tournament this year with my daughter watching. Playing poker at Mike M's house with fruitloops. Three awesome kids. I once rode 120 miles in one day on a bicycle. I ran the 15k Tulsa run. I loved. Oh my, did I love. If you are reading this, I probably love you. I have met and walked this life with the most awesome people.

Have a party. It is good. It is all good. I so look forward to seeing you again so that I can hug your neck.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: