Monday, July 28, 2008

6 days left

Today as I begin the day, I am aware that there are 6 days left in my renewal leave. I have a very few days left now to summarize what I have been doing. I have to get 59 book reports into some kind of final form. I have to do some more work to flesh out future sermons. I have to work on the list of action points for staff. I have to work on a sermon for Sunday.

One of the biggest challenges that I face as I return is that I don't know where to begin. I am so full of thoughts and feelings and ideas that I just don't know where to start. I know this is a good thing. In fact, that is the whole point of a renewal leave. Fresh perspective. Learning opportunities, no, I mean growth opportunities. Renewed passion.

For six weeks the staff has managed the church without me. They have done a wonderful job. I knew that they could, now they know that they can do it as well. One of the most interesting things that I have heard over this period of time is this quote from a member of our church, "this is the first church I have ever been a part of that was secure enough to allow its pastor to be gone for six weeks for a renewal leave." What a healthy thought that is.

I am certainly looking forward to being back with you this Sunday. I am excited to see your faces and hug your necks.

It is a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You may throw away the video, but I am going to keep this blog!

Anonymous said...

I see you're busted! RE:anonymous post. Men are just not equipped; you cannot win!
G.