Thursday, October 23, 2008

Cats

Sometimes cats are not very smart. I have often wondered about people that do not like cats. Now, I am becoming one. Pictured below are Tyler [on the right] and his supposed biological sister "Princess KiKi."

Tyler the cat has been sick. I guess. How do cats get sick anyway? They are house cats. They are never exposed to anything.

Well, Tyler has been getting sick. Kitty barfing on all sorts of things. You go from having this nice little kitty who sits on your lap, to cleaning up after him every day. He used to snuggle on my desk, now he is causing me to have to clean up my desk. What could be wrong with this cat? Maybe it is time for him to go to kitty heaven.

I decide to do some investigation. I quarantined the cat. That makes problems of its own. Yowling and howling all night, but at least he is not barfing on my desk. We suspect that he is blocked due to a lack of action in the litter box. That may cause the barfing. You know, maybe he ate something that he shouldn't have. Well, this morning, he finally left some presents in the litter box. I inspect them. Yes it looks as if the dam has broke and he is clear. There is no kitty barf in the room. He seems to be feeling better. I inspect the presents. Sure enough he has passed a piece of plastic.

If you have cats that are not very smart, you may want to put up things that they can eat. Evidently they are like 2 year olds. If they can get it in their mouth, they will eat it. I am going to push for warning labels on products that say, "warning, this product contains small parts which may pose a swallowing hazard to cats of low I.Q."

At least he doesn't have to go to cat heaven................. just yet.

Jeff Brinkman, P.D. [pet detective]

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That story was hysterical and very familiar--at least the cat barfing part. Hair balls aren't fun either. I switched from cats to dogs. I have now found that small dogs seem to have IQs that match their size. Anyone out there want a 5 mos. old Yorkie? Cute as a button, but dumber than the box you would keep a button in?

Anonymous said...

TMI :)

Anonymous said...

Mine have always been indoor/outdoor cats as I refuse to have a litter box. Various cats over the years have hacked up body parts, feathers, fur, etc from all the little to medium size creatures that they catch and eat. Not to mention the number of times they have brought home for me to appreciate and praise them for before they will eat it. They also get terribly upset that I won't let them in the house with the dead creature. Then there's always the dogs who might get a hold of what the cats leave and they're hacking up in the house. I keep saying that I should have concrete floors, they're easier to clean up.
Tonia

Anonymous said...

We were a cat family. Now the cat is in an urn under the tv. In our years of cat ownership we never did own one that was consistent with the litter box. Now we're the proud parents of a 4 year old and a 6 month old yellow lab. The dumb Yorkie comment made me think of a dog event last night that cracked me up. The younger dog has a habit of stealing the older dog's bones. The older dog is not a big "ball" fan, but the younger dog can't get enough of chasing and chewing her little yellow tormenter. So last night during the ballgame the younger dog stole the older dog's bone. My very smart older dog went and got a ball, dropped in on the floor about 2 feet from where the younger dog was chewing the bone and distracted her long enough to get her bone back. Has anyone else noticed dogs give you uncondintional love? No wonder they're God spelled backwards - Adam did good in naming the dog.

Woof. DT

Anonymous said...

Okay, I really don't want to make this a forum for dog/cat stories, but, I have to respond to the story about the two yellow labs. I am the Yorkie owner--I was formerly a Golden Retriever owner. What a HUGE difference and I don't just mean in the size of the two breeds of dog. My Golden was extremely smart and easy to train. Hence the lack of patience/tolerance of the Yorkie. I'm hanging in there though. I've survived some pretty big events in my life--I'm not going to let a 2lb. dog get me down. Keep me in your thoughts. ; )