Friday, October 3, 2008

If you have embarrassed yourself

If you feel sad because you have embarrassed yourself, sometimes we cannot depend on God until we know for sure that there is nothing in myself worth trusting. Seeing myself at my worst, causes me to see that I am not the answer anymore, God is.

Sometimes we get a glimpse of our darkness and it scares us. When you see your darkness, then you can give up trusting yourself, and begin to trust God.

Sometimes God lets us see the worst of ourselves. When we do, we finally realize that we cannot trust in ourselves any longer. There is this odd sense that we are repelled by ourselves…….the very Jeff that I thought was so great, now, I know who he really is…….
It makes me want to lean on Jesus. I don’t deserve to be saved, yet he saves me………..

It's a beautiful day in God's world, because of God's grace, be sure to see the good.

No comments: