Wednesday, October 22, 2008

progress

Sometimes progress is hard to see. You hang with your kids every day and you are around them so much that you don't notice them growing. We are worried about something, then we forget about it and wake up a month later to realize that everything is resolved.

Sometimes I look back at information, publications and sermons from the past. It is always interesting to see the issues that we faced and how concerning they were to me at the time.

How many years did we talk about a walking trail? Now we have one. I remember the terrible mess that the tree line on the north side of the pond used to be. Now it is awesome. I remember when we did not have bells in the bell tower. I remember when the sanctuary windows were clear.

If you have something in your life that you are worried about, it is probably going to get better. You may not notice every change for the good, but as long as you keep moving your heart, mind, body and soul in the right direction, things are probably going to improve.

Don't waste today worrying about tomorrow. Worrying will not make you any taller. Seek the kingdom. Your heavenly Father knows your needs.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is so nice to start each day with you and your blog, Jeff! Thanks for taking the time to inspire and draw us nearer to God. I can get side-tracked easily, but reading your writings have a way of helping me become spiritually stronger . . . sometimes I even read them 3 or 4 times during the day . . . wanted to tell you thank you! :)

Anonymous said...

Your blog today reminds me of one of my favorite quotes:

"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end"

author unknown