Saturday, October 25, 2008

mean behavior

I was going to say, mean people. But I don't really think the people are mean, I just think that sometimes they engage in mean behavior. Why do they do that? Do I ever do that? I hope not. If I have, call me and let me apologize. I did not mean to be mean.

Are you ever mean? Why? Why would a person need to behave in this manner? Someone said, everyone is mean sometimes. I disagree. Betty is never mean. Jim is never mean. I know people that I have known for years and they don't have a mean bone in their bodies. Paul is never mean.

I think people are mean because they are acting out of their hurt. They have been wounded in some way and so now they are going to make sure that other people get to share in their hurt. I think sometimes people are mean because no one ever helped them to see how hurtful their actions are. They never learned that bearing pain is a part of life. Somehow, it is still about them.
I don't think that Jesus ever inflicted pain on anyone except the pharisees. A few months ago I read a line, "leaders don't deliver pain, they bear it."

Let's do everything that we can to love and heal one another. Hug the person that is hurting. Hug the mean person. They are not mean, they are only acting mean. Mercy always rejoices over judgement.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Planning to help plant daffodils this morning. We'll miss you. Have a safe trip home!

By the way, if you took yesterday's comment as mean-spirited, I'm so sorry. I was just acknowledging your honery-ness at posting the picture of the "World's Ugliest Dog" and allowing some of us to believe that it really was your dog, Lou. Hopefully, you and others didn't take it the wrong way.
Gullible M.A.