Friday, October 31, 2008

I thought I had to do it.

Sometimes it feels like you have to do everything. Well, this was my job. It was my responsibility. I have always done this. Hundreds of times I have done this. Now, without so much as saying anything to me, someone else wants to take it over. Wait, you can't do it, I am supposed to do it.

I didn't get anywhere. I tried again. I started feeling tension. Then I made a strategic decision.

Even though this is my job and I have always done it, and I am supposed to do it now, I am going to step back and watch. I am going to let this other person do it. I am just going to go with the flow. What is the worst that could happen?

And, I learned something. They did it. They did it well. Maybe even a better job than I would have done. I was worrying for nothing and I learned much about the capabilities of another.

What are you worried about today? Are there others that can help and would help if you would give them a chance? How big of a deal is this really? The world can continue to exist without me having to do everything I think that I need to do.

Jesus said, don't worry. Seek the kingdom. Maybe if I relax a little more, I will find the peace of the kingdom a little more often.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: