Thursday, October 2, 2008

Love 'em anyway

Yesterday I heard the Martina McBride song "Anyway" on the radio. These words struck a cord with me:

"You can love someone with all your heart
For all the right reasons
And in a moment they can choose to walk away
Love 'em anyway"

I got to thinking about the people that I used to have the chance to love, but don't anymore.

They moved, I moved, they quit the church, they got busy, I got busy, we grew apart, there are a multitude of reasons. Usually when I think of them, I feel sad. It hurts to lose them, but the message is powerful: love them anyway. Yesterday, I just thought about how good it was to love them, for the time that we had together. That was a different way to look at things, and a better way for my heart.

And I know I would love them again if I had the chance. Thank you God for the gift of love, even when it is only for a short while.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's one of my favorite songs. I like what it says about praying too.

"God is great
But sometimes life ain't good
And when I pray
It doesn't always turn out like I think it should
But I do it anyway
I do it anyway"

Helps me to remember that it's not supposed to be my way but His way.

Tonia