Friday, October 10, 2008

a puddle of mud

Yesterday when I woke up, I was a puddle of mud. A little clod of sadness. I didn't sleep well, I woke up early and I was just a puddle of mud. I got to work at 7:15. I visited with another staff person who was a puddle of mud too. Then another.

At 8:30 all that changed for me. I found myself in a meeting with 5 young preachers talking about the future of the church. We talked about dreams and hopes and the power of the Holy Spirit to change a life.

Guess what? Somewhere during that meeting, I was saved. Saved from sorrow, saved from worry, saved from myself. I got my eyes back on what we are about. I got by with a little help from my friends.

The power of Christian friends cannot be overemphasized. If you are glum, sit down and spend some time with God's people. They will lift your spirits.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: