Wednesday, October 1, 2008

college visit

Today, Scott and I are driving to Pittsburg, KS. He wants to visit Pittsburg State University. I have taken the day off to go there with him. Pitt State has engineering degrees that he is interested in. He also like the thought of being a Gorilla [their mascot}.

This is our last baby. I remember when I gave him his first haircut. He was still in the walker. I cornered him and shaved his goldilocks off while his mom was at the grocery store with the girls. Now he is all grown up. Big and strong and going off to college. Baby Scottie isn't a baby anymore.

Next year, the house will be quiet. All three kids will be in college. I wonder what that will be like. They will be fine. I will have some things to work on. Life's passages are interesting to navigate.

It is still a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember that time for me, too. Here is the good I found in it. It was the first time in my life (and the last so far), that I could just be me. I wasn't someone's mom or daughter or sister or grandmother. I was just enjoying the time to be me. The next thing I knew, they all graduated college, found their mates, and I was mother-in-law and grandmother.
Each phase has it's joys and sorrows. Thirteen times as a grandmother, I am richly blessed with each one. It's a great time in your life; try to find your good.

Anonymous said...

I took Cait to A&M in July. They have an equine program and equine team that she's very interested in. She's a junior and we're already college shopping. (I guess I can't call it shopping as there really isn't anywhere else she's interested in going.) She's my only and I'm happy and excited for her but a little sad for me.
Tonia