Sunday, October 5, 2008

truth and love

They are both important. Jesus said he was, "the way, the truth and the life." 1 Jn 4 tells us that "God is love." 1Corinthians 13, "If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing."

Somehow knowledge and truth lose some of their value if they are not shared in love. I continue to be surprised at behaviors, including my own, that seems to have forgotten this.

Everything we do should be cloaked in love. God is love and when love is present, my words are humble and I point to Him, not to me. I catch myself sometimes having forgotten this. Maybe you do too.

Well, it is Sunday, let's go to church and recapture the love!

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great sermon today, Jeff. I really liked the bicycle story. It was a powerful image of how God wants us to be on the same page where he's working.

clif dancy