Sunday, October 19, 2008

redemption

Well, I did it again. I hurt someone's feelings. Odd thing is, I don't really even know what I did. They did not tell me and that is ok. Anyway, I am sorry, and I apologized to them, and they forgave me. It isn't always important to know what you did, but it is always important to apologize, to have a spirit of reconciliation. To seek redemption.

I think that is how original sin works. Sometimes our behavior is wrong and it is so ingrained in us that we aren't even aware that something is wrong. We have lived with ourselves for so long, and excused our bad behavior for so long that we don't even notice it any more.

With such thoughts in mind, I give thanks for redemption. For people that are willing to say "sorry" and the gift of another day and another try at relationships. For the love of God that reaches out in forgiveness.

Redemption allows us to stop focusing on what is wrong. What we did wrong and what others did to us. We are loved by God and so are they. We are brothers and sisters in Christ. We don't have to get stuck in the things that are wrong. Doing that is a waste of time and it blocks us from our main purpose of being in love with God.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: