Monday, May 18, 2009

driving a car

Ways that I try to be a witness for Christ. By how I treat my wife and kids. By how I treat you. [I don't always get any of it right.]

By believing that we are all stewards, not owners of God's blessings. By forgiving. By being ready to share a word about faith in Jesus. And are you ready for this?

By how I drive.

Really, I am going to rant for a moment. I am so tired of people who drive like they are possessed. They cut people off, they drive 90 miles an hour. The run red lights. It is like they are high on something. I really believe that our faith ought to affect the way that we drive a car.

Don't be in such a hurry to get somewhere. Count the trees, the clouds, or the rock ledges. Take 5 extra minutes to get there and let other merge in. So what if they get in front of you.

Ok, sorry about that, I just dealt with some really bad drivers last night. One of them had a fish on the back of their car. Probably Presbyterians. Just kidding.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good. And drive nice. It's what Jesus would do.

4 comments:

H4EO said...

Reflecting Christ in the way we drive could start in our own parking lot.

One little thing at a time.

Anonymous said...

Proclaim Christ at all times. Use words when necessary.

Anonymous said...

Keep in mind, if the driver is currently a Presbyterian, chances are he or she used to be a Babtist.
He was probably hurring to get the Catholic off his tail that was being chased by the Luthern cop.
We will all be under the same roof someday. Probably would be smart to take your advice. :)
Erik B

Anonymous said...

Driving the speed limit is so easy. All you have to do is look at the speed limit sign, then look at your speedometer, and match up the two numbers!

On the serious side, Christians should remember that other people develop an opinion of Christ by the way we live, even when we are driving.