Thursday, May 14, 2009

a walk in the park

Last night, in between rainstorms, I took a walk in the park. In our back yard. In God's great greenhouse of beautiful things. I strolled among the green and red sedum. I cherished the Japanese Maples and the Cherry tree. I talked to the robin on her nest. I saw blue flowers that only my wife can name. I celebrated the iris. The lavender, the deep purple and the yellow iris. They are beautiful. The hosta are taking off. The indian grass is doing it's thing. All of God's creation that we have had a chance to plant in the back yard is celebrating His glory. I hope that you have something wonderful planted in your yard that you are able to celebrate from time to time. If you do not, call me, and I will give you a few starts.

Its a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful space. Mine too is wonderful. There is so much, and I keep planting more. I think it is a sickness! (But a good one to have.) Betty

chigger farmer said...

Since moving out of the city limits, my gardens aren't as well manicured as they used to be, but the birds and I don't seem to mind. They still feed the soul if you take time to wander around in them. Thanks for the reminder!