Sunday, May 31, 2009

a walk

I went for a walk this morning. At 4:30am. Now if you are asking why I am awake at 4:30 in the morning, so am I. Stress. Must go for a walk.

I walked the entire neighborhood. I counted the for sale signs. I thought about life. I asked God some questions. I complained a bit. I whined a bit. The worse I was, the faster I walked.

Finally it starts to get out of your system. You can feel the tension go. You walk slower, you don't complain so much, and you start to feel a little bit more like yourself.

Among my friends is a counselor that I talk with on occasion. Whenever I am stressed, he asks me if I am getting any exercise. It does make a difference.

Returning to my senses, I begin to see the world that I have been missing. A beautiful sky, barely showing signs of morning. Mars to the south, Venus to the east. A few claps of thunder. Birds singing. Lots of birds singing. They have collected in groups on various blocks. 5 houses of quiet, then there is a tree that is full of them. It is a singfest.

Sky, thunder, planets, trees, birds, God is still speaking in this world. I am glad I went for a walk today.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Depending on how long you were out walking (It sounds like it may have been quite a while.), I hope you were able to see the sunrise this morning. It was spectacular! Yes, dark blue/gray clouds with an orange glow highlighting their interesting characteristics and the sun exposing all that wonder!!! Awesome! Totally awesome!!!
M.A.