Sunday, May 17, 2009

sold out

I wonder what percentage of my life is "sold out" to God? How much of me is really submitted to Him? How about you?

We would have to wonder about the times that we have thoughts about others. We would have to wonder about some the the notions that we have about faith that are really more convenient than Biblical. We would have to wonder about the times when we are just blatantly selfish.

It takes a real honest person to look inside and see what is really there, and be willing to try to let God change it. But if I could just give Him one more thing today. If I could just get sweeter in one area. I know I am never going to be perfect, but if I can let go and give on just one new area this week, what might God do through me? How might the world be a different place?

Oh friend, how He wants to use us to touch the world. I pray right now as you read this, that the Holy Spirit is speaking to you, calling you to act on God's behalf.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One little thing at a time. It is that whole yeast thing. The Kingdom folds and molds and is revealed through us one little thing at a time. And the best part is that it works through the meld of society in the same way. Moving from you to me to him to her and to them as each little part we desire to control is surrendered and replaced by HIM.

Everything must die to be reborn. And it happens - one little thing at a time.