Monday, May 4, 2009

the length one must go to post a blog

Well, let me begin by saying that the Children's program was great yesterday, as always. Gina's sermon was also wonderful, I will never forget the story that she told about her friend Brian.

So what is going on?

I left about 2pm yesterday to drive to Fayetteville Ark. I arrived about 6:30, met up with a pastor and had dinner. We are staying at the Mt. Sequoia Methodist campground. It was built in 1920 by our jurisdiction [7 state area]. The camp is lovely. The room I stayed in is very small. There is no TV or radios. That is fine with me.

There is supposed to be internet at the camp office. I woke up this morning and drove to the office to get on the wifi and post. Well, who knows, my computer says I am on, but it won't find the net. The office is closed so there is no one to talk to, I am sitting in my car in the rain.

So I drive to town. Somewhere there must be a Starbucks or something that has wifi. I come upon Rick's bakery. I ask an employee, "do you have wifi?" She doesn't know. I forgot my wallet. I go back out to the car to get it. I come back in. I ask another employee, "do you have wifi?" Yes. great.

Now it is time to wait in the line. This must be a good place to eat because there are many people in line. I ask someone to save my place in line, I go back, take a shower and return to the bakery. Perfect timing. It is my turn. I buy two donuts and a cup of coffee.

I fire up the wifi, and, here we are.

The donuts were worth the wait, though I don't think that I need any donuts really.

After I am done at the donut shop, I will head back to the camp. There are meetings all day today about starting a new church. I hope you have not forgotten that we are going to be helping with this project this year. On July 1st there will be a pastor appointed to our church to work with us to get the new church off the ground. His name is Dave Owsley.

So, I will be back late Tuesday. Please keep your church and the new church start in your prayers. Now that I know where to go, maybe I will be able to post earlier tomorrow.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

This is my take on the situation: We bought Chiefs season tickets back in 1986--great seats (club level) were available back then because the Chiefs weren't doing well. I hung on to those tickets until last year when those same tickets were going up in price to $300 ea. per game (we had 3 tickets--that's $900 per game). Bye, bye, tickets. Then last year, the Chiefs had one of their worst seasons in history. Ticket prices aren't going to come down, but there are fans out there like me that like to get outside and be a part of an exciting game. Maybe we're not necessarily "fair weather fans", but left overs from another venue. I went to my first Royals game in years last Monday night (Grienke was pitching)and it was awesome. I think the word has gotten around about the changes in the atmophere of Royals stadium (the awesome score board for one) and people are excited about it. PLUS, the Royals are winning--quite a little bonus. I'm still a Chiefs fan and now I'm also a Royals fan. "That's a good thing."