Monday, September 14, 2009

the joy of vacation

It seems odd for me to write this today. Other times that I was on vacation, I did not mention it, either because I felt guilty about being in some place cool or because I didn't want people to skip church.

Well, this week, M-Sat we are on the beach. After church yesterday, I hopped on a plane with my bride and we headed out. You know, she is a real big shot with this travel stuff, so Delta had upgraded her to first class. Little old Jeff sitting in coach, big shot Cathy in first class. Well right before take off, they called me up. They had a spot for me, and since no "rated" passenger was asking to be upgraded, they wanted me to sit with my famous wife.

1st class. Cool. Never have done that before. Lots of room. Lots of pampering. A great surprise that I did not deserve.

Well come to think of it, that is what grace is like. A joyful surprise that I did not earn or deserve. Someone else earned it for me and offered it for free. Grace is amazing.

We have so much to be thankful for.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

First class ride, and to a beach. It just doesn't get much better than this. Jeff, you have been first class to us all along. It just takes these airlines awhile to catch on. And, you're not just on vacation. You're on a health kick soaking up all that Vitamin D, which we only get from the sun.

Enjoy some relaxing. Enjoy the beach. Enjoy being with your famous wife.

Sharon said...

That's awesome! You guys have a safe, fun vacation. Enjoy all the blessings and grace that God chooses to give to you--I'm sure you deserve it. ; )

Anonymous said...

so happy for your 1st class experience!
...and the last shall be first...