Saturday, September 5, 2009

the simple things

Ahh yes, the simple things. The core things of importance in life that we so soon forget. We get caught up in what is wrong with something, when really the thing is 98% good. We lose our way and dwell on the painful part, as if our lives were never to have any pain.

The simple things are good. They are good. Just simply good. Family, friends, food, faith. When I stop thinking about what may bother me about my family, I am thankful for them. When I stop feeling sorry for myself, I am thankful for my friends. When I stop thinking that God is supposed to solve all of my problems, I am grateful that He is with me.

Where would we be without the simple things. They are good. Would I rather not have them? No, I will take them as they are and give thanks for the good that they are. I will try to get away from thinking about the small things and celebrate the simple things a little more.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: