Thursday, September 17, 2009

today

I woke up early today to write this post. I had plans to write it yesterday, but the day got away from me and really....yesterday is just a blur to me now. So this morning as I sat down to write, not really knowing what I was going to say, I started thinking about....today. Would it be a good day? Productive? Would I take notice of gifts like the sunrise and sunset? What interactions will I have with people today? At work? Home? Neighbors? The people I share my drive with on 291/470/435? The cashier at Price Chopper? The stranger in the parking lot? How will I respond to people and the world around me? What will people think of me after our encounter? And will I have taken the time to breathe in what God has placed around me today?

I read this recently. Think about it as you go into today and tomorrow.

"If people only had your life (as the only example to look at) and they were asked the question,-Has Jesus risen from the dead? - How would they answer? - Has he?"

Peace,
Lion's Den Man

1 comment:

Sharon said...

I really like your thoughts today. They remind me of this quote: "Be the change you want to see in the world", (Ghandi) one of my favorites. I try to keep it in mind as I encounter the people and situations that you speak of in your blog. And I am very aware of sunsets, nature, and the life going on around me. So much so that sometimes I just want to grab someone I know that isn't "getting it" and shake them until they "wake up" and do. ; )