Monday, September 7, 2009

you can only do so much

You can only do so much. I think it is human nature to question yourself. Was I a good parent? Was that a good sermon? Am I a good friend?

At some point, you have to trust your character. I was a good parent. I did everything that I could do. It was a good sermon, not the best maybe, but I did everything that I could do. I am a good friend. I will always be there for you.

There is some comfort in knowing that you have done what you can do. The world may not always align itself with your desires, but there is only so much that you can do.

When you come to that realization, then you can rest. I did what I could do. I did what I should do. There is a limit to what people can expect, and I did my best. Everything is ok. All is well. I acted responsibly in the arena of my life. Let me rest in that. It is enough.

Tomorrow is another day.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Confirmation . . . It was a GREAT sermon . . . love the props! My daughter whispered as we walked into the sanctuary, "I don't know what's wrong with the ceiling, but they could have, at least, moved the ladder for church!" We laughed afterwards . . . and, then, the message sticks! kb