Tuesday, September 8, 2009

what is important

We all get worried about things from time to time. Worried about things real and things imagined. Worry exists, and whether it should bother us or not, it does. You can wish it away, you can tell yourself not to do it. You can even remember that Jesus said not to do it, but we still do worry from time to time. I am sure that Jesus talked about it because it was a common problem even back then.

I guess the thing that helps me the most when I find myself stuck in worry, is to remember what is really important in life. I am worried about something? Well, I still have my health. No one in my family is sick. Life is good. And if you are sick? I have a friend in Jesus. Ultimately I know where I am going. There is a hope for the Christian, eternal life with God in heaven.

See, just thinking about such things in a few lines this morning, helps my outlook. Lets remember what is really important.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

I was worried about something silly this morning--I thought I was going to have to start my day without your blog. I count on it every morning--it gets me thinking about the "right stuff". I know I would have been just fine without it, but I'm so glad that you came through. ; )

Thanks.