Tuesday, September 29, 2009

remember me


A picture taken this summer at our family reunion in St. Louis.
Take a picture and remember me. When I am gone, remember me. Remember how we laughed, how we cried, how we lived. I was a man. A good man. I loved you. I tried to be a good father. Heck, I was a good father. Take a picture. Do not forget. Let the days live on when I am gone.

Thanks for being you. Thanks for the memories, thanks for the love.
We don't always say thanks. We don't always celebrate. I don't want to miss the chance. You, family are great and I have appreciated every minute. What a ride.

It is a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

How sweet. You and your family are so fortunate to have each other.

I'm with you, take lots of pictures. They take you back to that moment and awaken that memory in your heart. ; )