Saturday, September 12, 2009

Last night

Last night I got to cry. That may not sound like a big accomplishment, but sometimes it is very important. You know, you build up lots of stress, you face something painful. You feel like you want to cry, but you can't for some reason. It is just stuck in your gut and won't come out.

Well, Cathy came home from her trip. She spent the week in Billings, Montana. She should have been crying to have to spend a week in Billings, right? We had a great talk, I was able to get some stuff out that I had collected during the week. I cried. It was great!

I thank God for the people that you can sit with that allow you to be yourself.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.

Sharon said...

What can I say about your blogs--sometimes they're just right on the money. I had a wonderful day yesterday with my family. But for some reason when I got home, I just felt like crying. I even listened to music that I knew would make me cry--a full blown "pity party". I think we all need them occasionally. Especially someone like you that spends so much time counseling and giving so much of yourself to others. It's good that you have someone to share that need with and someone that you can talk to about it. I hope you feel better now. I do. ; )

Anonymous said...

Who says big boys don't cry? Real men do. I'm thankful that you were able to talk with her, it was a great weight to be lifted from your heart.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your transparent heart, known to all who read your words.