Sunday, March 14, 2010

brakes

Well, yesterday I replaced the brake pads on the pickup. Yahoo! I am excited. I got it done and saved about $150. And boy, they were as bad as I have ever seen. The ceramic pads were delaminating and separating from the metal part of the pad. Got them done just in time. Here is the bad news......while lying on the garage floor underneath the truck, and horsing around those big tires, I have pulled something in my back.

So, save $150 from the mechanic, and turn around and spend it on the doctor. At least I can drive to the doctor with good brakes. That is, if I can pull myself up into the cab of the truck.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Oh man! I hope you're okay. I just hate it when stuff like that happens. Maybe the back pain will be a litle reminder to you to take better care of your truck. Like, if you're going to do the repairs yourself, don't put it off until things get that bad. Sounds like you were lucky your brakes didn't fail you at some point causing you more serious injuries or worse.

We need you--be careful. ; )

Anonymous said...

Jeff, sorry to hear about that. Will remember you in our prayers. Back pain is miserable. We pray that the doctor can help with some relief.